I saw that you also posted in the LRUK forum.
There are significantly more people reading there, and you have the chance to get other opinions.
I'll reply there.
Search found 41 matches
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 7:51 am
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Rover V8 3.5 rebuild – 9.75:1, Kent H200, Flapper EFI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 659
- Sat Aug 29, 2026 2:52 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Rover V8 3.5 rebuild – 9.75:1, Kent H200, Flapper EFI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 659
Re: Rover V8 3.5 rebuild – 9.75:1, Kent H200, Flapper EFI
I couldn't agree more. A well-built 3.5L is a great engine—in a lightweight car.
It really struggles in a 4x4, though.
That’s why I wouldn’t invest a single cent in the 3.5L.
I can highly recommend the Kent H180 cam for 4x4 use; when the setup is optimized for torque, it delivers a nearly brutal ...
It really struggles in a 4x4, though.
That’s why I wouldn’t invest a single cent in the 3.5L.
I can highly recommend the Kent H180 cam for 4x4 use; when the setup is optimized for torque, it delivers a nearly brutal ...
- Thu Jul 09, 2026 10:10 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Shaking down my rebuild - a few issues...
- Replies: 10
- Views: 277
Re: Shaking down my rebuild - a few issues...
That seems like a lot for blow-by.
Is there perhaps too much oil in the oil pan?
greeting
Frank
Is there perhaps too much oil in the oil pan?
greeting
Frank
- Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:35 am
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Crank damper / pulley
- Replies: 3
- Views: 141
Re: Crank damper / pulley
Hi,
this is what the crankshaft pulley for the V8 with the interim cover looks like.
On the left, one from the 4.6. On the right, the one for the interim cover.
https://up.picr.de/51037250dh.jpg
https://up.picr.de/51037251lh.jpg
https://up.picr.de/51037252vv.jpg
https://up.picr.de ...
this is what the crankshaft pulley for the V8 with the interim cover looks like.
On the left, one from the 4.6. On the right, the one for the interim cover.
https://up.picr.de/51037250dh.jpg
https://up.picr.de/51037251lh.jpg
https://up.picr.de/51037252vv.jpg
https://up.picr.de ...
- Wed Jun 24, 2026 8:17 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Crank damper / pulley
- Replies: 3
- Views: 141
Re: Crank damper / pulley
I should have something on the shelf. I'll take a look and get back to you.
Regards,
Frank
Regards,
Frank
- Sat Apr 11, 2026 8:48 pm
- Forum: Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area
- Topic: 3d printed itb manifold
- Replies: 21
- Views: 903
Re: 3d printed itb manifold
Very interesting.
Can the material withstand the expected temperatures permanently?
Regards, Frank
Can the material withstand the expected temperatures permanently?
Regards, Frank
- Fri Apr 03, 2026 10:53 am
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Rover V8 connecting rods and pistons
- Replies: 2
- Views: 376
Re: Rover V8 connecting rods and pistons
Connecting rods with part number HRC1037 were used in the 3.5 / 3.9 / 4.2 and various TVR engines.
HRC1828 are the standard pistons for the 3.9-liter engine.
However, that engine has a diameter of 94mm. If you measured above the piston rings, 93.35mm might be the correct size. Measure ...
HRC1828 are the standard pistons for the 3.9-liter engine.
However, that engine has a diameter of 94mm. If you measured above the piston rings, 93.35mm might be the correct size. Measure ...
- Sun Feb 22, 2026 4:24 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Source of sump plug copper washers?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 11910
- Tue Feb 10, 2026 9:55 am
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Help identify a camshaft
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8155
Re: Help identify a camshaft
Visually, it could be a standard camshaft.
https://up.picr.de/50568893un.jpg
It also has the CWC marking and no stamping on the face.
https://up.picr.de/50568895op.jpg
You should measure the cam lift.
In my opinion, that doesn't match the compression ratio at all. Are those really 28cc ...
https://up.picr.de/50568893un.jpg
It also has the CWC marking and no stamping on the face.
https://up.picr.de/50568895op.jpg
You should measure the cam lift.
In my opinion, that doesn't match the compression ratio at all. Are those really 28cc ...
- Thu Feb 05, 2026 11:26 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Help identify a camshaft
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8155
Re: Help identify a camshaft
On the back of the camshaft, there's only "CWC" printed on it, nothing else?
Take a picture of the camshaft. Something like this.

Regards,
Frank
Take a picture of the camshaft. Something like this.

Regards,
Frank
- Thu Feb 05, 2026 11:00 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Help identify a camshaft
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8155
Re: Help identify a camshaft
Holy cow!
I made myself an Excel spreadsheet to calculate compression ratios.
A 3.5L engine
with 10.5:1 pistons,
sheet metal gasket,
and 28cc cylinder heads
» has a calculated mechanical compression ratio of an unhealthy 12.47:1 !! :shock:
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the camshaft ...
I made myself an Excel spreadsheet to calculate compression ratios.
A 3.5L engine
with 10.5:1 pistons,
sheet metal gasket,
and 28cc cylinder heads
» has a calculated mechanical compression ratio of an unhealthy 12.47:1 !! :shock:
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the camshaft ...
- Sun Jan 04, 2026 8:03 pm
- Forum: Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area
- Topic: In search of Boxer air filters
- Replies: 9
- Views: 15157
Re: In search of Boxer air filters
Hello,
In my opinion, it's a big mistake to install an Edelbrock/Holley 4-barrel carburetor like that. It might be halfway decent for cars with large engines that are always driven hard. But for everyday driving, there's nothing better than the SU.
The engine doesn't look standard. I see tubular ...
In my opinion, it's a big mistake to install an Edelbrock/Holley 4-barrel carburetor like that. It might be halfway decent for cars with large engines that are always driven hard. But for everyday driving, there's nothing better than the SU.
The engine doesn't look standard. I see tubular ...
- Sun Jan 04, 2026 5:37 pm
- Forum: Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area
- Topic: In search of Boxer air filters
- Replies: 9
- Views: 15157
Re: In search of Boxer air filters
Hello,
unfortunately I don't have any information about the air filter.
The topic of the Boxer 4x SU is super interesting though. I have one installed on my Morgan.

Greeting Frank
unfortunately I don't have any information about the air filter.
The topic of the Boxer 4x SU is super interesting though. I have one installed on my Morgan.

Greeting Frank
- Thu Dec 04, 2025 5:49 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Camshaft choice for a 3.9 EFi engine.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10092
Re: Camshaft choice for a 3.9 EFi engine.
It's really annoying that the camshaft specifications aren't standardized.
That's also why I went to the trouble of measuring the camshafts.
I had also bought some as part of a package with other parts. New camshafts with numbers for which I couldn't find any information anywhere. After measuring ...
That's also why I went to the trouble of measuring the camshafts.
I had also bought some as part of a package with other parts. New camshafts with numbers for which I couldn't find any information anywhere. After measuring ...
- Wed Dec 03, 2025 10:02 pm
- Forum: Engines Area
- Topic: Camshaft choice for a 3.9 EFi engine.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10092
Re: Camshaft choice for a 3.9 EFi engine.
Hello,
see: https://www.v8tuning.co.uk/viper-hurricane
Unfortunately, it's currently out of stock.
I could recommend the Piper RP4. It's quite similar to the Hurricane and runs extremely smoothly and cleanly at very low RPMs.
https://up.picr.de/50334418fo.jpg
It's no longer listed on Piper ...
see: https://www.v8tuning.co.uk/viper-hurricane
Unfortunately, it's currently out of stock.
I could recommend the Piper RP4. It's quite similar to the Hurricane and runs extremely smoothly and cleanly at very low RPMs.
https://up.picr.de/50334418fo.jpg
It's no longer listed on Piper ...
