Page 1 of 1
Crank damper / pulley
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 1:39 pm
by Ray944
Hi everyone - I'm in need of help ! Ive rebuilt a 3.9 for my project, its fitted with the intermediate front cover. So I will be running a serpentine belt. No power steering or air con. Im having problems trying to work out which crankshaft pulley / harmonic balancer I require. I don't know if I have a long or short nose crank but it doesn't protrude far out of the front cover. The crank pulley / balancer I have is quite short at the back so is there a longer one available ? any help much appreciated !!
Re: Crank damper / pulley
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2026 8:17 pm
by FBW
I should have something on the shelf. I'll take a look and get back to you.
Regards,
Frank
Re: Crank damper / pulley
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2026 9:35 am
by FBW
Hi,
this is what the crankshaft pulley for the V8 with the interim cover looks like.
On the left, one from the 4.6. On the right, the one for the interim cover.
It doesn't matter whether you have a long or short shaft crankshaft.
With a short shaft, the bolt fits directly; with a long shaft, you need to install a sleeve. You can find them, for example, here:
https://www.turnerengineering.co.uk/pro ... crankshaft
Regards
Frank
Re: Crank damper / pulley
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2026 8:01 am
by Ray944
Hi Frank
Thanks for the info that's a great help ! All I have to do now is find one
Ray.