I have the Webber 500 carb with a Mallory dizzy with the Petronix electronic ignition and high volt coil. I have a std cam, with a JWR Dual Plane manifold.
I have 9.75 pistons and have had the heads skimmed so I can use comp gaskets with no loss of ratio. At the same time I had the valves re-cut ...
I have just looked into this. You are completely right!!!
A MGC bonnet is £300+ :roll:
I have removed the air filter and found that the air after entering through the 2" high filter has to squeeze through a 1/2" gap before turning down into the carb. This must be a real restriction. I will ...
I have started down that route already, with recommendations from yourself and others I have fitted a filter on one rocker and a flame trap and PCV valve into the PCV port on the Webber. It seems to be running fine.
One of the problems is I have a special Filter cover so all I could do is ...
When you say bog standard do you mean they are not SD1 heads?
30 BHP is exactly what I want. It would bring me up to 200 which is as far as I want to go. Would a change of cam (+ followers) give even more power with out losing smooth tickover and give oomph from low revs?